CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

~~ Sympathy ~~


I sure didn't want my 1st post of the new year to be a sympathy card, but God had other plans.This is for Sandi, a dear friend I have now, thanks to the Cricut Message Board.Her father passed away unexpectedly day before yesterday and this is my futile attempt to express my sympathy. Words seldom can express, what our heart feels, but I hope this simple card can convey it, somehow.I used Indie Art for the cross and Serenade for the flourishes.I think I'm going to use this cart alot! I did lots of layering , popping and inking and added the lil gold beads and called it done.Thanks so much for looking...I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a safe and Happy New year!!!! xoxoxox

5 comments:

sophiesmama

A really lovely card Joy! I know Sandy will appreciate and cherish it!
Hugs,
Mary

Carol<><

Joy this is beautiful! and she will appreciate it!
the colors are great together.
Carol<><

DonnaMundinger

Joy this is just lovely! So sorry it's for a sad occasion. Now I'm wondering which Sandi. Haven't been on the mb much this season. Happy New Year to you! xxD

kimberly t. bowling

My year started off with grieving the loss of a friend....not a great entrance into 2010. But this card is so lovely I know it will touch the heart of your friend. Beautiful, I adore the cross, and love the coloring.

Kaye's Crafty Place

Joy this card is beautiful and I'm sure will be appreciated. Such a sad start to the new year.

hugs
Kaye x

Post a Comment

Cherished comments

Welcome to My World

This sight is dedicated to the art of card making....of which I am addicted ! I began making cards a few months before Dan was deployed to Iraq.I wanted to make sure he had a new card to open every day, so I used BlueMountian.Co and created him 2 months worth of cards !About a year ago I saw that famous infomercial for a little bug called a Cricut.Well, after watching it numerous times, I HAD to have it...and I ordered it!!!Then I found the Cricut Message Board and I hit pay dirt!!! I was, and still am so inspired by some of the talented women on that board!I have to give them credit for making me the card maker that I am today!!!
Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart!
I hope you enjoy looking at my cards, as much as I enjoy making them!!!