CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 29, 2010

~~ Chocolate Valentine ~~


Hi y'all......I hope you are all staying warm...its looking like snow down here in Alabama... Again! I made this card for no one in particular and its kinda dark and I wasn't sure about posting it, but its elegant in its own way.It looks SOO much better in person.I used dark chocolate paper( dark chocolate is my favorite so I guess my subconscious gravitated to that paper) and I used a corner punch and embosser for all the corners. The scalloped heart is from Doodlecharms, as are the smaller ones.I cut the large heart in half and used the Martha Stewart scalloped punch to give it a little more effect.Lots of popping and inking, did some embossing, added the ribbon and button and there ya go. Oh I did add just a touch of red glitter all over....it has just enough bling to make it shimmer when you move the card back and forth. I love the effect!! Have a safe and warm weekend !!!

7 comments:

Nita's World Handmade

Hey Joy, I love this card! It makes me want to eat chocolate :)

Carol<><

Oh Joy, you must really miss your sweetie!
great card!
Yup! trying to stay warm,
Carol<><

Sandy from Ukiah

Very very pretty card

Janis Lewis

This is great. I just spent a while scrolling through your older posts. WOW! I LOVE your cards!!!!!!!

Brenda

ohhh this is sooo pretty!!!
hugs
Brenda

Unknown

Well Joy this looks good enough to eat!!! You know I love your cards!!! Stay warm!!!

Sandi

DonnaMundinger

My goodness, snow AGAIN! What's going on there? LOVE this card Joy! I'm partial to dark chocolate myself and this is making me HUNGRY! YUM! xxD

Post a Comment

Cherished comments

Welcome to My World

This sight is dedicated to the art of card making....of which I am addicted ! I began making cards a few months before Dan was deployed to Iraq.I wanted to make sure he had a new card to open every day, so I used BlueMountian.Co and created him 2 months worth of cards !About a year ago I saw that famous infomercial for a little bug called a Cricut.Well, after watching it numerous times, I HAD to have it...and I ordered it!!!Then I found the Cricut Message Board and I hit pay dirt!!! I was, and still am so inspired by some of the talented women on that board!I have to give them credit for making me the card maker that I am today!!!
Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart!
I hope you enjoy looking at my cards, as much as I enjoy making them!!!