CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

~~ Buck Birthday Card ~~


I thought I was finished with my January b'days, but I have one more....wheeeeh. This one is for my Step father.....but he is really more like my real Daddy.He LOVES to go deer hunting, but unfortunately, his health is declining and he can't go as often.He will be 82, on the 24Th of this month and he is one of the reasons I bought the Camp Out cart.I used it for all the cuts, except for the back ground trees, and they are from Christmas Noel.When I saw the challenge over at the Cricut Cardz Challenge I was tickled, cause I had designed this cards weeks ago and had it just waiting on me, in my Gypsy! Lots of inking and popping.I embossed the background with the Cuttlebug snowflake folder and the "snow" with the swirls folder.I found the tiny lil snow flake punch at Big Lots for a dollar ( I just love a deal !! ) and the larger snow flakes ( they are small too ) is a punch from Michael's. I added just a touch of glitter to most of the images and added the hemp cord along the sides.Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!! Happy Hump Day !!!

8 comments:

Nancy Sanders

Wow, such detail, great masculine card. I am sure your stepfather will love this card...the trees, snow background, deers, the string, the inking edges...I can only imagine the time it must have taken to create. Great job. Thanks for joining the fun at CCC.

Terry@ a quilting blog

Joy this is a fantastic masculine card...love all the details!!! Wish your stepfather a Happy Birthday!!! Thanks for joining us at CCC!!! (and congrats on being chosen as a co-winner with your 'thank you' card!)
Hugs,
Terry

DonnaMundinger

Whoa Joy! How great to be able to detail a manly card like that and still have it look, well...manly! Fabulous job and happy b-day to your stepdad! xxD

shelly

awesome man card joy! youre such an inspiration.

N2ScrapN4Fun

This is a great card. Very masculine and lots of detail.

Etha

Oh such a gorgeous card!! Love all the dimension on this, very involved but not overwhelming. Design at it's best!!

Lea L.

What a great manly card!! Perfect for the outdoorsman! Great job with the challenge!

♥Lea

Audrey Frelx

I'm sure your stepfather loved this. It's so hard to do a card for a man and you did a fantastic job!

I'll be back soon!

I'll be seeing you!

Post a Comment

Cherished comments

Welcome to My World

This sight is dedicated to the art of card making....of which I am addicted ! I began making cards a few months before Dan was deployed to Iraq.I wanted to make sure he had a new card to open every day, so I used BlueMountian.Co and created him 2 months worth of cards !About a year ago I saw that famous infomercial for a little bug called a Cricut.Well, after watching it numerous times, I HAD to have it...and I ordered it!!!Then I found the Cricut Message Board and I hit pay dirt!!! I was, and still am so inspired by some of the talented women on that board!I have to give them credit for making me the card maker that I am today!!!
Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart!
I hope you enjoy looking at my cards, as much as I enjoy making them!!!