CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

~~Thanks SEW Much ~~


Hi Y'all.....it is COLD in Alabama!!! I had to turn on my lil heater in my "studio", as Dan calls it so I could finish this card.My sister loves my cards and she had heard me mention that I hit some local flea markets looking for vintage items for my cards.Well, for Christmas she gave me a box FULL of vintage goodies I can use on my cards!!! She had gone to an Antique Auction in Bell Buckle Tn and got into a bidding war with another lady for all these buttons.The other lady thought she was bidding on the entire lot, when actually, they were bidding on just 1 jar of buttons. That poor woman paid 50 dollars for 1 jar of buttons ! Anyway, my sister bid 55 dollars and got the entire lot!!! I now have 8 jars of buttons( I'm in button heaven! ) some old Ric rac, thread, lace,old garter belt thingys, lol so much stuff I cant name it all.So I made my sister, Janice, a card with a few of the items on the card.I used Gypsy Wanderings for the Thanks and the heart. The white binding that I stamped on, is material to make a belt with, I added the packaging from 1 of the packs of ric rac...look at that price ! The yellow tape measure was in my box of goodies and of course the buttons.I'm really tickled with this card and I hope she will be too.Thanks SEW much for stopping by and taking a peek !!!

8 comments:

shelly

hi joy.. gosh i could sit and look at your blog for ever ok i just did...ive been here an hour! time sure flies when youre enjoying yourself
i enjoyed the pics of your warm home..all your cards/creations and reading your posts.
thanks for the smiles :) shelly

Penny Light/Light Whimsy

Joy, what a fantastic gift! You will be making some fantastic cards!! I hope you have a wonderful new year!

N2ScrapN4Fun

Love your card.

Jeri

Wow, what an exciting present to get. There's a sister who really knows you. I'm an only child and always been sad about that. Your card is just incredible. Thanks for sharing it with us at CCC #7.

kimberly t. bowling

Love the card...I think I've got to get me a cricut. I don't know how to use the darn thing, or what I'll do with it, but everytime I see your cards, or get one in the mail, I break out in hives to get me one!! :)

I hope if you read the post I put up today about our "impending snow" that you'll tell Grandmama and Grandaddy you saw Baby Girl wearing those boots they bought her! :)

Terry@ a quilting blog

Great card Joy....love all the vintage touches you used!!! What a great sister you have..I'm sure she'll love the card!!(saw your post on the Cricut MB...pm'd you re: buttons)

Thanks for joining us this week at CCC!!!

Hugs,
Terry

sophiesmama

Joy, I love this card! Lady, you are SO talented! I STILL want you on CCC DT! C'mon now...just do it, lol!
Where are you in 'Bama? My in-laws live south of B'ham, my husband is from there and both my kids were born in Selma. Don't forget to watch the game tonight...Roll Tide!
Hugs,
Mary

DonnaMundinger

Adorable! Love all of the vinatge findings! xxD

Post a Comment

Cherished comments

Welcome to My World

This sight is dedicated to the art of card making....of which I am addicted ! I began making cards a few months before Dan was deployed to Iraq.I wanted to make sure he had a new card to open every day, so I used BlueMountian.Co and created him 2 months worth of cards !About a year ago I saw that famous infomercial for a little bug called a Cricut.Well, after watching it numerous times, I HAD to have it...and I ordered it!!!Then I found the Cricut Message Board and I hit pay dirt!!! I was, and still am so inspired by some of the talented women on that board!I have to give them credit for making me the card maker that I am today!!!
Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart!
I hope you enjoy looking at my cards, as much as I enjoy making them!!!