CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 29, 2010


Hi Y'all.....happy Friday!!! 3 More days of hunting season and then I get my husband back....woohooo!! My Father wanted me to make a card for a friend he hasn't seen in many years. Well now....a thinking of you card...to a man....from a man...I could feel my hair frizzin on this one!!! BUT, I think I pulled it off and I hope you agree! I decided to do an Across the Miles, thinking of you card.Since his friend lives in Maine and we are here in Alabama, I selected 50 States for a starting point.I went to my PC Crafters Hug Bug Club and retrieved some graphics I had bought a few years ago when John Allen went to Europe.I found the perfect paper...a lil road trip paper for the BG and map paper for the states. The round atlas is from PC Crafters as well and Debbie Mumm is the artist.I cut the states at 2 inches, made multiple layers and inked all around everything.I embossed the BG paper using a Fiskars plate and I did it multiple times at all angles to give it a road map kinda feel.( you cant even see it...grrrr ) I did some poppin and added the brads and now my hair isn't all frizzled anymore! Wheeeeh this was a tough one for me but I like the way it evolved!! Thanks so much for stopping by...have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

Carol<><

clicked on the picture to enlarge it and I can see the embossing! You did a wonderful job on this card for your dad, I sure much more than he expected.
Hunting??? for what this time of year???
you have a great weekend also!
Carol<><

Brenda

WOW I LOVE this card! I think I have that pccrafter graphic set...perfect for this card!! I got into trouble from cutting up our atlas for some layouts I have done...your way keeps ya outa trouble!!Your Dsd is going to love sending this out to his friend!!Awesome job!Thanks for inspiring me!
hugs
Brenda

DonnaMundinger

FABULOUS idea! I'll say you pulled it off! Great male card, heck, GREAT CARD! xxD

Post a Comment

Cherished comments

Welcome to My World

This sight is dedicated to the art of card making....of which I am addicted ! I began making cards a few months before Dan was deployed to Iraq.I wanted to make sure he had a new card to open every day, so I used BlueMountian.Co and created him 2 months worth of cards !About a year ago I saw that famous infomercial for a little bug called a Cricut.Well, after watching it numerous times, I HAD to have it...and I ordered it!!!Then I found the Cricut Message Board and I hit pay dirt!!! I was, and still am so inspired by some of the talented women on that board!I have to give them credit for making me the card maker that I am today!!!
Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart!
I hope you enjoy looking at my cards, as much as I enjoy making them!!!