CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 15, 2011

~~ Thinking of You ~~


Hi Y'all!! I hope your all safe and sound, the weather here is about to be BAD! Dan and I found out last week that our sweet next door neighbor, Kristine has breast cancer! Dare I said...HAD...we went and sat with Eddie yesterday while they did a lumpectomy and the Dr. seems to think he got it all!!! God is great! I used Country Life for the lil pitcher of flowers and I used a new style of card. ( new for me anyway) I started with a 12x12 piece of card stock and cut a piece 4.25 wide. I scored it at 2' and 7.5 so that I would have an A2 size card. Did lots of layering and inking. Added some vintage seam binding and a button. The sentiment is stamped, using a stamp from the Sweet Sentiments Collection that you can purchase over at http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/ . She has some darling new stamps AND if you aren't able to find vintage seam binding she has Crinkle Ribbon in the most beautiful colors !! She hand dyes the ribbon and its gorgeous !! Y'all know I am a horrible stamper, but I stamped that perfectly...the very 1st time!! wooohooo Have a great weekend and stay safe !!! xoxo

15 comments:

Penny Light/Light Whimsy

Hi Joy, love this little thinking of you card. It's so encouraging! I have one more month from today before our household goods are delivered from Italy. So, I thought I would stop by and catch up on you. WOWIE! What a great catch up!

Glenda

Joy, this is gorgeous! Love all the pretty papers and embossing! Neat card style--looks great!
Thankfully my area did not get the bad weather this morning. We are having a sunny evening but the wind is quite strong.
Stay safe,
Glenda

Sherrie K.

Beautiful card!! Love the paper you used and the embossing is so pretty!! Good luck in the challenge!! I am a new follower of yours, would love if you would stop by my blog and follow too:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Tracey

Just beautiful.......Love everything, all the layering, and the vintage seam binding is such a pretty detail.

Tanya~Studio 5380

Beautiful card Joy, I love all those wonderful layers! And what a great find on that seam binding...lovely! Love everything about this card!

Sentimental Scrapper

Your card is gorgeous, Joy!! Love all of the beautiful scalloped layers and you definitely stamped the sentiment perfectly!

Kimberly
My Craft Spot

Esther

Another pretty card!

Jayne

A lovely card. Looked back through your blog and you make some amazing cards.Happy to be a new follower.

Sharon

So beautiful!!! God is great. Don't know what we would do without Him!! Hope all is safe down your way. It was so bad here yesterday, but I know it was worse south of us. :)
Doing pretty good with my hand. Stitches are coming out Tuesday. I have exercises I have to do 4 times a day. Those make my hand sore, but I do them faithfully. Got to be able to get back to my crafting! LOL Take care my Friend!! :)

Anonymous

Such great news, Joy! I think the card is just perfect and Kristine will love it. That ribbon is quite pretty!

Dana

Your card is beautiful - I looked through your blog and all of your cards are awesome! I love the attention to detail.

Unknown

Cute card!
congrats on the DT!!
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

My 3 E Scrapbooking

I hope the weather is better your way now and I pray for safe travels during your Easter trip! Your cards are just absolutely beautiful! Your layering and ribbon work are wonderful and I am so excited to be working with you on the new MCS Design Team! Have a Happy Easter with your family!

Linda

Super pretty card! Love the details and the colors.

A Country Twinkle

Just found your blog and so glad I did!! You have beautiful cards. Beautiful flower card!

Post a Comment

Cherished comments

Welcome to My World

This sight is dedicated to the art of card making....of which I am addicted ! I began making cards a few months before Dan was deployed to Iraq.I wanted to make sure he had a new card to open every day, so I used BlueMountian.Co and created him 2 months worth of cards !About a year ago I saw that famous infomercial for a little bug called a Cricut.Well, after watching it numerous times, I HAD to have it...and I ordered it!!!Then I found the Cricut Message Board and I hit pay dirt!!! I was, and still am so inspired by some of the talented women on that board!I have to give them credit for making me the card maker that I am today!!!
Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart!
I hope you enjoy looking at my cards, as much as I enjoy making them!!!