CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 9, 2011

~~~ Zinnias ~~~



Happy Saturday Y'all !!! Yep, I'm at it again, this time I made zinnias!! I used Walk in My Garden for the flowers and cut them in sizes from 21/2" down to 1", in 1/4 increments,and I cut probably 3 in each size for all the layering. I used Tim Holtz paper for the vintage zinnia seed packet.I just fussy cut the leaves and added doodlin...added doodlin all over the card. I added a touch of yellow Stickles here and there on the leaves and gave the entire card a mist of Glimmer.The centers of the flowers were made using a sun punch.Added some seam binding and called it a day! Thanks for taking a peek!! Please say a lil prayer for Dan and I...we are headin to South Carolina on Monday to visit an old Army buddy of Dan's, who is terminally ill. They were like brother's back in the day and I know Dan is going to be one sad puppy AND I have to drive through Atlanta!! I'm sure there will be a card to come out of that adventure ! Have a great week!!



xoxo Joy

10 comments:

Carol's Creations

Gorgeous as usual...I just love everything you do. Thank you for the constant inspiration!

Barb's Buggin Creations

You are awesome!! Be careful in Atlanta --they are crazy!! I know I have to drive thru there to go back to my hometown of Columbus, Ga from Greenville, SC. Enjoy your trip even though it is under these conditions.

Glenda

Beautiful card! I love the gorgeous flowers with all the layers! I have not bought Glimmer Mist yet--looks like more to add to my shopping list! LOL
Have a safe trip! Sending prayers your way!
Glenda

Carol<><

Lovely card Joy, you sure know your flowers, I like to look but my thumb is not a green one.
have a safe and wonderful trip! prayers going with you and Dan,
Carol<><

Sharon

Sent up some prayers and will continue. Please be careful traveling.
Your card is just breathtaking!! So so beautiful!!!! :)

Karen

Oh Joy Zinna's are one of my favorite flowers to cut and put on my desk at work they remind me of my grandmother she always had them at in her garden right by her tomato plants...will have to try to make a few paper ones myself.
karen
www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

Tanya~Studio 5380

Just when I think you have reached the limit on gorgeous flowers....there you go...another over-the-top fabulous flower! This is just so, so pretty Joy, I love it! You and Dan be careful in all that crazy traffic. Driving through Atlanta is never fun, be safe!

MyCuriousCrafts

Hi Joy, what an amazing card creation. You did such an awesome job. ~Shen

Dr Sonia S V

Hand made flowers! Gorgeous. The colours and the fullness of the colors is stunning!
Cheers from India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger

Your flowers are so gorgeous Joy! I've got a bed full of zinnias and these look just like the real thing! I love this! xxD

Post a Comment

Cherished comments

Welcome to My World

This sight is dedicated to the art of card making....of which I am addicted ! I began making cards a few months before Dan was deployed to Iraq.I wanted to make sure he had a new card to open every day, so I used BlueMountian.Co and created him 2 months worth of cards !About a year ago I saw that famous infomercial for a little bug called a Cricut.Well, after watching it numerous times, I HAD to have it...and I ordered it!!!Then I found the Cricut Message Board and I hit pay dirt!!! I was, and still am so inspired by some of the talented women on that board!I have to give them credit for making me the card maker that I am today!!!
Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart!
I hope you enjoy looking at my cards, as much as I enjoy making them!!!