CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 24, 2011

~~~ Happy 75th Birthday ~~~



Hi y'all....Happy Friday ! I got an invitation in the mail last week for a surprise birthday party for a co-worker from years gone by. So I had to make Mildred a card for her special day. I used Create a Critter for the cupcake, Winter Woodland for the mat and TBBM for the lil tag. I used Plantin Schoolbook for the numbers and the scalloped border. Did lots of inking and popping, added some vintage seam binding, a button and some Memory Thread. I used a hole punch for the circles of green and pink that I placed under clear rain drops. Added some rick rack to the cupcake and spritzed it all with glimmer mist.I used a stamp from the Sweet Sentiments Collection that you can find at http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/. Thanks for taking a peek...I hope y'all have a great weekend !!



8 comments:

Sonya

What a gorgeous card!!!! Love all the details!

Tanya~Studio 5380

I don't even know where to begin to tell you how gorgeous this card is! All those layers are just so pretty together and the cupcake is precious with all the embossing and ric rac! I just love it!

Tammy E.

I just love this card. Your attention to detail is amazing.

Kate

This is gorgeous! The papers are absolutely beautiful and all your details are stunning, Joy!

Diane Hodrick

What a pretty little creation (it would look great even covered in mud *:)*). Love the combination of papers and ribbon you used. Your background really complements that pink icing....and you can never go wrong with the swirly embossing folder. Mildred is going to love this!

Carol<><

this is so pretty Joy, she will love this!!
I must go through my sewing stuff and see if I have any seam binding! I love the look from it!!!
I also need to look over my carts, who would have thought a cupcake in create a critter...
enjoy your day,
Carol<><

Kelly

OMG Joy this card is so YUMMY! You really out did yourself with this card! You put so much love into it and it shows with all the deatil! Love everything about it! Mildred is sure to love it too!

DonnaMundinger

Yummy, yummy! I'll bet she was thrilled! xxD

Post a Comment

Cherished comments

Welcome to My World

This sight is dedicated to the art of card making....of which I am addicted ! I began making cards a few months before Dan was deployed to Iraq.I wanted to make sure he had a new card to open every day, so I used BlueMountian.Co and created him 2 months worth of cards !About a year ago I saw that famous infomercial for a little bug called a Cricut.Well, after watching it numerous times, I HAD to have it...and I ordered it!!!Then I found the Cricut Message Board and I hit pay dirt!!! I was, and still am so inspired by some of the talented women on that board!I have to give them credit for making me the card maker that I am today!!!
Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart!
I hope you enjoy looking at my cards, as much as I enjoy making them!!!