CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

~~ With Sympathy ~~


Hi Y'all.....I know we all hate making sympathy cards, but I read in the paper that my old next door neighbors, Tim and Adae, had lost a loved one. Tim lost his father and altho I haven't seen them in years, I wanted to make them a card. I used the cross from the Easter cart, the flowers are from the 50 States cart and the sentiment is from Wild card. I used nestabilities for the scalloped oval mat. The paper, Simple Elegance, is from The Paper Studio and its on sale 50% off this week at Hobby Lobby.....I can't pass up a sale !! I did a little inking, layering and popping, added the ribbon and called this one done. Thank you so much for stopping by to take a peek!!!

7 comments:

Sharon

Joy, so sorry you had a reason to make this card. It turned out beautifully. All those blues are so so pretty. I just love the cross. I've used it on a sympathy card myself. It is such a pretty one. Glad to see you creating. Hope all is well with you and Dan! :)

DonnaMundinger

This is beautiful Joy. I don't know why I just can't ever manage to make these. I really do need to make one now but just can't. Maybe I'll take another look at the Easter cart. This is really gorgeous! xxD

Sandy from Ukiah

Joy this is just beautiful. It's always so hard to make one, and you did a gorgeous job on it, I am sure they are going to appreciate it.

Scrapping Cat

Absolutely beautiful card that will touch their hearts

Carol<><

this is beautiful Joy, and also a reminder that I have one to make also.
Carol <><

Penny Light/Light Whimsy

Joy this is just beautiful. It's always so hard to make one, and you did a gorgeous job on it, Everyone likes to be remembered and this is an especially tender time. You made such a gorgeous remembrance!

shelly

joy this is such a beautiful card. we just buried my father in law monday so this really touched me.
hope your feeling better :) xx shelly

Post a Comment

Cherished comments

Welcome to My World

This sight is dedicated to the art of card making....of which I am addicted ! I began making cards a few months before Dan was deployed to Iraq.I wanted to make sure he had a new card to open every day, so I used BlueMountian.Co and created him 2 months worth of cards !About a year ago I saw that famous infomercial for a little bug called a Cricut.Well, after watching it numerous times, I HAD to have it...and I ordered it!!!Then I found the Cricut Message Board and I hit pay dirt!!! I was, and still am so inspired by some of the talented women on that board!I have to give them credit for making me the card maker that I am today!!!
Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart!
I hope you enjoy looking at my cards, as much as I enjoy making them!!!