CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

~~Get Well Soon ~~


Hi Y'all...I'm still hangin around and I still miss looking at all your creations!! I found out last week that my X Husbands Aunt , who is 90 , has been ill so I wanted to make her a card. Not only was Aunt Scott my favorite 3rd and 6th grade teacher... she became a very sweet Aunt too !! I know what your thinking...Scott for a woman's name. Its actually Mary Scott, but the nieces and nephews always called her Aunt Scott. It's a suthyn thang! Her daughters name is Mary, my BIL's names is Scott...oh how we LOVE to use names over and over down here in the south!! Although since the divorce I have lost contact with her, I still think of her often and lovingly. I used Home Decor for the lil bird and I used a Cuttlebug die for the flowers. I still can't sit for long periods of time to really create a card, so the lil dies have come in handy.I stamped the sentiment and used embossing powders, added a few Martha Stewart butterflies and called this one done. Oh, I flocked the wings of the bird too. I hope y'all have a great weekend and thanks so much for looking!!!

6 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah

Joy that is just so adorable... I am sure she will love it. I hope you have a wonderful week end too....

DonnaMundinger

Just darling, Joy! I love that little bird and still haven't used it. So sweet! Boy girlfriend, hope you're feelin' better soon! xxD

Sharon

Awesome card! Love that lil bird!! Hope you get to feelin better really soon. You are in my prayers!! :)

Nita's World Handmade

Love it girl!!!!

Anonymous

Hi Joy!
You know I saw this card when I was sitting back and viewing things over @ SB.com
I really love this and think it is so great! I adore the colors and the whole design!
I also love the story...I have had a Great Grandma Orange Cookies (my DD's namesake). so I get the name thing and love that! May she heal quickly!

Barb

Love your blog. Please visit my blog at http://barbsbunnyhutch.blogspot.com I would like to pass on a special award. Thanks!

Post a Comment

Cherished comments

Welcome to My World

This sight is dedicated to the art of card making....of which I am addicted ! I began making cards a few months before Dan was deployed to Iraq.I wanted to make sure he had a new card to open every day, so I used BlueMountian.Co and created him 2 months worth of cards !About a year ago I saw that famous infomercial for a little bug called a Cricut.Well, after watching it numerous times, I HAD to have it...and I ordered it!!!Then I found the Cricut Message Board and I hit pay dirt!!! I was, and still am so inspired by some of the talented women on that board!I have to give them credit for making me the card maker that I am today!!!
Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart!
I hope you enjoy looking at my cards, as much as I enjoy making them!!!